Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Week 2 Day 1 Activity 1: A period of change

Use your search engine to find a picture of another famous cathedral. Post a picture of the cathedral on your blog. Underneath the picture tell us: the name of the cathedral, where the cathedral is located, when it was built, and how long it took to build.


Most Famous Churches In The World: Saint Basil's Cathedral, Moscow

Name: The name of the cathedral is Saint Basil's.

Located: Saint basil's was built in Moscow, Russia.

When it was built: It was built in 1555 -1561.

How long did it take to build: It took 6 years to build the Saint Basil's.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Toe’umu,

    Wow! St Basil’s cathedral is stunning, I’ve always loved this cathedral because it reminds me so much of the castles seen in fairytale stories. I love that you’ve included a picture of the cathedral and I also like that you’ve been diligent about providing the correct information about its history. Perhaps next time you could include pictures of the inside, I wonder how magnificent it looks..

    It was built so long ago and I’m in awe at how wonderful it still looks. Do you know what materials and tools were used to build St Basils? Let me know if you find out, I’d love to know how they achieved such a feat without modern technology..

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Cia,

      Thanks for the comment Cia, I do not now what materials and tools they used but i am excited to now what tools and materials they used to build it. Also thanks again for the comment Cia.

      Toeumu

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.