Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Day 5:Activity 1- Translating Phrases

Use Google Translate to translate the following five phrases from English to Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. Post the translations on your blog. Be sure to include the phrase in both the English and Māori to earn full points.


  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa = welcome to newzealand
  2. My name is Toe'umu =Ko toku ingoa ko Toe'umu
  3. What is your name =He aha to ingoa?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro = I like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from =No hea koe

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toe’umu,

    Well done on posting the correct translations of each phrase. I like that you’ve paid attention to detail and ensured you got them all. Have you noticed there a phrase you could use in your pepeha? Which phrase do you think you’d use?

    Google translate is such a great tool to use for foreign phrases we might be curious about, I also like to use it when I want to learn new greetings from other languages. I learned a saying in latin called ‘Carpe Diem’ which means ‘Seize the day’ in english. I wonder what it translates to in Māori...

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cia,

      Thanks for the comment Cia.The phrase i would use is My name is Toeumu. Seize this day in Maori is Hopukia te ra. Also thanks again for the comment Cia.

      Toeumu

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.