Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Week 1, Day 4, Activity 1: A song in your heart

On your blog tell us what you liked about the song and why?

The name of my favorite Maori song is called  Haere mai. I like that song because it reminds me welcoming all my tribes when I was younger.

Here is the lyrics

Maori Songs

Haere mai, Haere mai x 2
E ngā iwi e
Haere mai
Ki runga o te marae
Hui mai, tātou, katoa
E hine mā, e tama mā
Hapainga o, te mana māori e
Kia rewa runga rawa,
I a ha hā
E ngā iwi e
Haere mai, haere mai x 2

English Translation
Welcome, welcome x 2
All the tribes
Welcome
onto the marae courtyard
all of us gathered here
Young women, young men
Lift up your Maori honour
to float up high
ya ha ha!
All the tribes
Welcome, welcome

2 comments:

  1. Morena Toe'umu.

    Would love to hear more about why you love this song. I have never heard it before so I would love to hear a tune to it. Is there a song on you tube I can listen to?
    I am starting to know more about you as we go on which is fun.

    Who taught you this song? Comment below so we can start a conversation about this.
    You are doing really well in the Summer Learning Journey and working through the tasks. Keep up the hard work!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare,

      Thanks for the comment Clare. There is the song on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeJHToYOQk. Also thanks again for the comment Clare.

      Toeumu

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.