Pages

Friday 5 January 2018

Week 2, Day 5, Activity 2: Making a fashion statement

Compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to what you wear now (i.e. in 2017). Are they similar or are they quite different?


On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?


                 Expressions Word Print Legging product photoExpressions Off Shoulder Top with Floral Print product photo
                   Clothing in the 1940's                                                     Clothing that I have and like to wear

They are different because in the past they always wore dresses and skirts but now i only wear dresses and skirts on special occasions. I like to wear pant's, shorts and shirts because it feels more comfortable and you can do anything while wearing it like sports.


I like my style because it is comfortable, i can do sports in it and it suits me.
In 65 years i think people will be wearing more sports clothes because i think everyone will be active and healthy.


Image result for sports clothing kids Image result for sports clothing kids

2 comments:

  1. Hola Toe’umu,

    I love the way you’ve expressed the difference between clothes from the 1940s and now using your own styles as an example, very clever! Thank you for including pictures to help us readers see the difference better. I like the idea you had about how clothing or dress style might change in 65 years and I do hope everyone is fit and healthy by then! Perhaps next time you could include why you think the style from then and now has changed.

    Although I do like the clothes people wore in the 1940s, I prefer what I wear now. I love dressing casual and being comfortable in everyday life and I know that wouldn’t be possible for me wearing what they did everyday back then! I can’t imagine making a stop to grab some milk in a suit or dress.. Could you?

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Cia,

      Thanks for the comment Cia. I couldn't imagine making a stop to grab some milk in a suit or dress too. Also thanks again for commenting on my blog Cia.

      Toeumu

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.