Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Week 2: Water, Water, Everywhere, Day 2: Fabulous, Flora, Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…


Day 2: Fabulous, Flora, Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…

On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?


I would love to try flax weaving

Reasons why:

1. It would feel relaxing.

2. I would like to concentrate on something.

3. Because i can be creative and make things like bags, or dresses.

4. I could make things for decoration in my room.


Pictures:

 Credit: Link
 Credit: Link
Credit: Link

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toe'umu,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I'm so glad that you'd be open to trying this weaving activity. It's such an important tie to the Maori culture of New Zealand that it would be wonderful to be a part of that tradition.

    As you say, it would let you be very creative and to make things that you could use, and/or you could give to others. How fun is that?

    Do you like to do craft activities? I love to knit and to do something called counted cross-stitch with which I make pictures. I find these crafts relaxing and grounding and I make gifts all year round so that I'm ready for Christmas giving.

    I hope you've had a lot of fun over the summer holidays, doing some of your favourite things! And I hope you're happy at school this term.

    Well done, on all of these SLJ activities!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.