Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Week 1: a place to stand, Day 2: Forest Life, Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful

 Day 2: Forest Life, Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful

On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

The Answer is: 1095 Because....

There are 365 days in a year, and we have to feed the cactus 3 mls a day. So I caculated 365 times 3.... which equals 1095 mls a FULL year.

Credit: Cactus



1 comment:

  1. Hi Toe'umu,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team reading your blog from my home in Canada.

    I agree - it would take 1095 mls of water to keep a cactus alive all year.

    Have you ever grown a cactus in your home? I live in a northern country so we have different plant species living in our wild spaces that you would in New Zealand. We do have 2 types of cacti that are native to our country and one of them is particularly popular with bees - yeah!! We need to support our bees!

    You've done such a good job with this maths problem. Do you enjoy doing maths? I think it can be fun- like solving a puzzle, really.

    I hope you've enjoyed doing these Summer Learning Journey activities and I hope that you're having a super summer with time outdoors as well!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.